Push-ups on the uneven bars can be attributed to the number of exercises that maximally work out the muscles of the upper body. The benefits of this training lies not only in increasing the triceps, pectoral, deltoid and lat but also in the separation mioticheskih fibers – that is, the formation of such a coveted by many athletes beautiful terrain.
Unfortunately, in sports halls it is not so often possible to meet people performing push-ups on the uneven bars. This is not surprising – this exercise is not easy and requires some sports training.
How to properly press on uneven bars
Correct technique of the exercise:
- The starting position is the emphasis on straight arms. Legs for convenience can be bent at the knees, cross the legs with each other. Now, slowly bending your arms in the elbows, you need to lower the body downwards on inhalation, and on exhalation gradually return the body to its original position.
- Throughout the exercise, it is important to fully extend your arms in the elbows, but at the same time try to keep your muscles in suspense at all times.
This is a conditional (basic) training scheme. Now about the nuances. First of all, it should be noted that there are two options for the body position when pushing up on the beams: in the first case, it can be slightly tilted forward, in the second it is in the vertical position.
What is the difference? In the slope, the muscles of the breast are better pumped, if the back is straight, it is possible to load the triceps qualitatively.
See also: Training program “Bodybuilding for All”
The next subtlety is the position of the hands. Here, too, there may be options: the dilution of the elbows to the sides by approximately 45 degrees provides a good load on the pectoral muscles, and if the hands are pressed to the body, the triceps are turned on in active work.
Now it should be said about the width of the beams. Beginners need to choose shells, the width of which corresponds to the width of the shoulders. Otherwise, you can overtax the load on the triceps, or in a situation with a wide grip, even injure the elbow joint.
An experienced athlete can also be trained on divorced bars, while the width of the grip must constantly increase (and along with it, the load on the muscles of the breast naturally grows).
The first thing that athletes want to know is what muscles work with squeezing on uneven bars. They are a fortifying exercise for the entire upper part of the body. Deltas and trapezoids actively participate. Nothing is more effective for pectoral muscles you will not find, the accent is also shifted to the triceps.
If you dilate your elbows as widely as possible and lean forward, the load will focus on the lower muscles of your chest. If the elbows are pressed against the body, and the angle of inclination of the body is minimal, the work will be performed mainly by triceps.
About anatomy. Triceps in their mass fraction are about 2/3 of the shoulder, and their magnitude plays a very important role in the formation of inflated, beautiful hands. By focusing only on the biceps, athletes will never get a harmoniously developed forearm.
Advantages and disadvantages
If we take into account the training of the chest, then push-ups from the bars are not equal. At the same time, the level of trauma in the performance of this exercise, too, is off scale. Therefore, including them in the curriculum, you need to get acquainted with both positive and negative aspects.
- Target development of the right muscles;
- A powerful push to perform all the bench exercises;
- The most effective exercise for training the pectoral muscles: in the end they are very beautifully drawn, the deltas will increase in volume, the shoulders will expand;
- Formation of athletic posture: straight back, open shoulders, chest forward.
- It takes a good enough physical training, with not trained triceps to perform push-up is difficult;
- During the exercise there is a very strong over-extension of the shoulder, so for its implementation there are contraindications: chronic dislocations and pain in the shoulder joints;
- Increased risk of injury.
If you master the technique of implementation, observe contra-indications and do not allow annoying mistakes, you may not notice shortcomings.
For sportsmen who practice regular trainings, it is important not only to master the correct technique of push-ups on the uneven bars, but also to correctly introduce this exercise into your program. What options can there be? Beginners will be approached by a scheme called “ladder”: the first approach – warm-up (up to 10 repetitions), after – two basic (with weaning or without it) for 16-25 repetitions, the final approach should consist of 7-12 push-ups. This scheme allows you to maximally qualify the target groups of muscles and “provides” the athlete a few days of pleasant muscle pain in the upper body.
It is better for beginners to put this exercise at the beginning of the training – its implementation requires powerful energy costs, and by the end of the session the body will simply get tired and may not “endure” such a consolidated load.
To the issue of burdening. As in any power training, the weight should be increased gradually, starting from 2-5 kg. The number of repetitions with weighting in the set should also gradually increase, the optimal number of “weighted” push-ups in the approach is from 6 to 8.
Schemes of the exercise for “advanced” athletes:
- The forced set. The first 5 approaches for 5 repetitions are performed with the maximum working weight. The same is true of its half value. In conclusion – 5 × 5 with minimal or no weighting.
- Negative set. Push-ups are replaced by lowering the body down (the exercise is done slowly, for 10 counts), then at the same rate, you must return the body to its original position. This training option is quite complicated, newcomers with it are unlikely to cope.
- Partial set. This approach to training combines the two above described sets. First it is necessary to perform push-ups, having unbent arms in elbows only up to half, and return to the starting position. After – lower the body by ½ distance and slowly return it to its original position.
Advantages of push-ups on bars
The studied training has a lot of advantages:
- Target qualitative study of the necessary muscles (back + hands + chest).
- The ability to vary the exercise machinery – varying the location of the hands, the body tilt angle elbow extension, it is possible to shift the focus function to a particular muscle group (e.g., on breast or triceps muscle).
- Progress in push-ups on the uneven bars ensures the growth of training indicators in all types of strength training (bench press, from the chest).
- This exercise works much better on the pectoral muscles than the usual chest press – it “draws” the relief and, among other things, increases the deltas in the volume (and, therefore, extends the shoulders).
- Push-ups on the uneven bars help improve posture.
Consider the main inaccuracies that athletes may encounter in the course of the study:
- Wrong grip. Hands can be too wide or close to each other. The optimal variant of setting brushes for most athletes is at shoulder level.
- Non-compliance with breathing techniques. It should be lowered only on exhalation, otherwise you can get a chest injury.
- Fast execution. Only slow and controlled push-ups will ensure a qualitative study of target muscle groups. Do not jerk “throw” the body down and up – this will not only negatively affect the effectiveness of the training, but can lead to injuries. At extreme points of movement (upper and lower) it is recommended to stay at least 2 seconds, muscles should be as tight as possible.
- Insufficient warm-up or lack thereof. It is not necessary to start push-ups, without previously preparing the target muscles (shoulder girdle) – this can lead to injury.
- Do not immediately complicate the training burden.
So, push-ups on the uneven bars – one of the basic options for training the upper body, whose goal is to qualitatively study the thoracic, deltoid, latissimus muscles of the back, as well as triceps. The correct technique of doing this exercise helps not only to “increase the top”, but also allows you to give it the necessary relief.